Do you know poor diet is the main reason for heart diseases? To protect yourself from this mayhem, you should eat food healthy for your heart. Following are some great options that you can add to the list of essentials for the heart.
- Avocados: Including avocados in your diet aids in reducing cholesterol levels. It contains potassium and monounsaturated fat content that is important for your heart.
- Green leafy vegetables: These vegetables are great sources of vitamin K that protect your arteries and improve blood clotting. Choose green vegetables that are famous for such benefits as spinach or kale.
- Healthy nuts: Add healthy nuts like walnuts and almonds to your diet. Walnuts contain micronutrients like manganese, copper, and magnesium. On the other hand, almonds are a good source of fibre and monounsaturated fats.
- Fish oil: Some seafood types are a good source of fatty and omega 3 acids that are perfect for your heart. There are various methods that you can use to add omega 3 to your diet. Hemp seed oil is also a good source of omega 3, 6, and 9. It also gives you an adequate amount of protein and keeps you healthy through its anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, fish oil also helps soothe your body from inside and outside.
- Dark chocolate: Do you like the taste of dark chocolate? Not many do. But it contains rich antioxidants that boost the health of your heart.
Garlic is another heart-friendly food that helps fight against several diseases. You can get more such items like flax and chia seeds from organic stores in Brisbane for a healthy heart.